Please help me with ESP32-CAM

Hi, I am using an ESP32-cam from amazon. I don't know anything about it other then the specs.

link to ESP32-CAM:

I know how to work it and everything its just programming it isn't quite working. I am NOT using an FTDI programmer instead I'm using a ESP8266 to program it. I've watched so many videos and I cant seem to work it (I selected AI thinker). I did see the AI thinker logo but I didn't see the text 'AI thinker'(I provided an image just so you know what I mean).
In this video I copied literally everything and it still doesn't work. I think its because I didn't select the proper board in the Arduino IDE.

rclare15:
I am NOT using an FTDI programmer instead I'm using a ESP8266 to program it.

How is the ESP8266 connected as a programmer, show us the wiring ?

If the 'ESP8266 programmer' is not working what happens when you try the normal way of programming, a USB to Serial adapter (FTDI) ?

My FTDI programmer just came in, I'll try to see if it works, in the meantime here is the wiring of the esp8266:

I know its an article but just scroll down to see the wiring.

Turns out I was missing a step the whole time. It was an AI thinker board also I had to press the reset button when it shows the dots in the debug window. I did this with the FTDI programmer, I did test my ESP8266 board just incase it wasn't working but it was.

Thanks for taking some time to help me!

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.