Polar H7 BLE Heart Rate Sensor Display

Greetings All Newbie here. I have a Polar H7 heart rate sensor that communicates to my Android via bluetooth LE 4.0. I would like to create an Arduino Uno heart rate display using a BLE and LCD shield so I am not dependent on my phone while exercising (treadmill, stair-stepper and stationary bike).

I'm familiar with basic C programming on the Uno but the Bluetooth concept to this point is over my head. From my research I have learned that my sensor would be the server and the Arduino is the client. I also discovered there is a bluetooth 4.0 HRP profile and HRS service that was developed with Polar contribution. This is a good sign. However, I'm not sure how to implement this in my project. In short, other than what I just stated I am bluetooth clueless but want to learn.

So my questions are: What BLE 4.0 shield would you recommend for a BLE newbie that will easily communicate with my HR sensor?

Where can I find example code to get me going in the right direction?

Thank you for you assistance.

Will the LinkSprite or Seeed Studio BLE shield work for what I'm trying to accomplish?

I'm trying to avoid spending a lot of time and effort with something only to find out later that the hardware I selected is incapable of performing the task.

Thanks

Any BT guru’s out there?

Right now I am working with a Bluetooth Shield v2.0 from seedstudio on the same project. This has a HM-01 Bluetooth Module on it, but it seems that this bluetooth shield would had worked if it had a
HM-05 or HM-10 Bluetooth Module. But I am not sure if the Bluetooth Shields from both companies are really worth the effort to make it work. But if you want to sort it all out, I would buy a HM-10 Module. This module has the same Bluetooth version as the Polar H7. And try to get into GATT services, this some kind of interrupt method, when the Heart rate changes the Bluetooth module will pick it up like an interrupt.

bastiaang: Right now I am working with a Bluetooth Shield v2.0 from seedstudio on the same project. This has a HM-01 Bluetooth Module on it, but it seems that this bluetooth shield would had worked if it had a HM-05 or HM-10 Bluetooth Module. But I am not sure if the Bluetooth Shields from both companies are really worth the effort to make it work. But if you want to sort it all out, I would buy a HM-10 Module. This module has the same Bluetooth version as the Polar H7. And try to get into GATT services, this some kind of interrupt method, when the Heart rate changes the Bluetooth module will pick it up like an interrupt.

Hi, have you developed some project on this way? Have you some code, example scketch or some other links about reading data from Heart Rate Monitors/Sensors like Polar H7 or BLE similar? Thanks.

Have you some example scketch??? i am trying with this https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing-the-adafruit-bluefruit-le-uart-friend/heartratemonitor but nothing