Power arduino with accumulator

Hi. I want to power arduino with 7.4V accumulator.
Can I use VIN pin for this? Or it must be used with 5V only?
Maybe I have to use board's power jack (2.1mm center-positive plug)?

It is easiest and safest to use the powerjack.
This way you know that the onboard voltage regulator is used to power the board.

Watch out that you us the right polarity.

Thank you!
Does my suggestion about VIN pin correct? Is it must be powered with 5V only?

The VIN pin and powerjack are the same, so it should work with power connected to the VIN pin.
Note that the VIN connection is not that rugged compared to the jack input.

You can connect 7.4v to either the power jack or Vin. The difference is that the powerjack is protected against reverse polarity by a diode, but Vin isn't. The disadvantage of using the power jack is that because of the voltage drop of the diode, 7.4v may not be quite enough to provide 5v supply to the Arduino, depending on whether your Arduino uses a low dropout regulator or not.

Noorman, dc42 thank you very much!

the input voltage must be between 7 and 12VDC

so 7,4V will work fine normally...

This is something that interests me too. Let me see if I understood.

If I need to power my arduino, but not with the power jack and neither with the USB, I can connect the Vin pin in a battery between 7V and 12V?

That is correct.

Noorman:
That is correct.

Hmm nice! So the positive side of the battery goes on Vin, and the gnd of Arduino must be connected on the gnd of the whole circuit, right? (yep, I'm a noob)

And supplying Arduino in the Vin, I can supply my circuit with Arduino's 5V pin?

Thanks!

Correct again ...

Noorman:
Correct again ...

Very nice! I just wondered about it yesterday, and I didn't know how to supply my Arduino with the battery! Thanks a lot =)

I've seen 'battery accumulator' mentioned here and in some other posts, but trying to search online I'm not exactly finding this.. What exactly is a battery accumulator? Any links I can review?

Thanks
Nat