Powering nema17hs19 with a a4988

I have an a4988 stepper motor driver and a Nema17hs19 stepper motor.

Data sheet for the stepper motor: https://www.oyostepper.com/images/upload/File/17HS19-2004S1.pdf

The motor is rated to run at 3 V, however when looking at different sources this apparently is just a minimum value. From what i understand, is that as long as i provide the motor with its rated current, by correctly setting the RCS, i can power it with more voltage, this is because the A4988 takes a minimum of 8V so i would have to be powering it with 8 volts or more. Would this be ok?

Additionally the motor is rated for 2A, but in order to protect the a4988 which has a max current of 2a, i am going to run the motor at 1.5A. Would this still work?

This is a problem i've been struggling with for a while, i am very inexperienced in relation to stepper motors so any information would be much appreciated!

The nominal voltage of a stepper motor is largely irrelevant. What is important is the current. if you set the current limit on your stepper driver to 2 amps (or less) then you can power the motor with any voltage that the stepper driver can handle. I would consider 12v to be the minimum.

The motor should work with the A4988 set at 1.5 amps but it will lose a lot of its potential torque.

...R
Stepper Motor Basics
Simple Stepper Code