Powering wemos D1 Mini pro and relay 5V

Hey guys

Just wondering I’m gonna be using a 220v ac to 5V dc converter and wondering can I then connect a relay and wemos d1 to that 5V? Or would I need a 10V then?

Just power the Wemos with a 5volt cellphone charger, connected to the USB socket.

You forgot to tell us which relay module.
There are relay shields that plug directly on top of the Wemos.
Others can be powered from the 5volt pin of the WeMos, and controlled with it's 3.3volt logic.
Leo..

Will the relay be switching 220V? If so, I would advise you, for the safety of yourself and your familly, not to go ahead with this project. Your question reveals you understand so little about electricity that you would be in danger. Stick to low voltages only (24V or less). You can safely use commercially produced 220V to low voltage adaptors so long as you do not have to touch or connect any 220V wires yourself.

I’m creating a smart switch where the 220v will come into the step down converter and that’s gonna be used to power the wemos D1 and then from the 220v it’s going to go to the relay and the relay will be controlled by the wemos d1. And from the relay the 220v will go to the output outlet.

I don’t have the option to use the usb charger as it’s gonna be in an enclosed 3D printed case

This is the setup I’m going for

Tomstud122:
the 220v will come into the step down converter... and then from the 220v it’s going to go to the relay and the relay... And from the relay the 220v will go to the output outlet.

Using your logic, you would need a 440V supply for this. Or is it 660V? My advice stands. Do not meddle with mains voltages when you have so little understanding. Buy a ready made product to do what you need.

I don’t understand why I would need 440v? There are tutorials on the same exact thing what I’m doing just using a usb to power the wemos and the relay.