Problems uploading any code

Hi, I just bought my first arduino (MEGA2560) and I can't upload any code to the board, I tried the blink example and others. Every time I get this error: avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

I saw people talking about solutions to this problem and changed the drive to C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\drivers, I have checked the boards text, I have checked he COM. Looking at Troubleshooting in arduino site it says that the built in led should blink when I press reset otherwise I have problems with the bootloader, but it dosen't blink when I press, do I have to burn a bootloader ?
how do I do that? or How do I fix the problem in another way
thank you for the attention

And I'm using windows7 primarily, but I also have a windows10 with the same problem

Ribeiral:
do I have to burn a bootloader ?
how do I do that?

If you need to burn the bootloader you can use another Arduino with the Tools > Examples > 11.ArduinoISP > ArduinoISP sketch or you can use an ISP programmer like the USBasp, which you can buy on eBay and Aliexpress for <$3. I like this one: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/1PCS-USBasp-H6-USB-ISP-5V-AVR-Programmer-USB-ATMEGA8-ATMEGA128-New-1PCS-6PIN-Wire-Support/2036401781.html