Problems with Photoduino flash

Hello,

I hope this is the good topic for my question?

I have build the Photoduino from Google Code Archive - Long-term storage for Google Code Project Hosting.
Build the hole thing on a breadboard and installed the software.
It looks like evything works well eccept the sound trigger.

On the analog input there is a mic, this is working well (checked with toolduino)
But he wont trigger my flash on analog output A2

I have the Arduino Uno V3
And A2 is an analog port, but writes digital to it.

I know there is a photoduino forum, but i don't speak spanish.
I hope somebody can help me here, or knows how i can contact the maker of Photoduino

The Photo duinosoftware can not be compiled with version 1 of arduino, i have used version 0.23
Maybe this is the problem in combination with the new Arduino Uno V3

I am trying now for several weeks, and i begin to become mad :stuck_out_tongue:

You have the PhotoDuino Shield 2.0?

Have you tried the Flash 2 output?

Have you tried reversing the wires in case your flash is the opposite polarity to what is expected?

No i have not shield 2.0.
First i have made it all on a breadboard and checked the wiring a thousend times :slight_smile:

I have tried to switch the wires of the flash, with no effect.
Also i have tried to use flash 2.

I think it is in the software, i get a signal from the microfon, but photoduino doesn't make A2 high, which fires the flash.

When i make A2 High with a command, it fires the flash.
It is very strange

What are all the audio trigger parameters set to?

Parameter Value type Function
Sensor limit Limit Determines the trigger limit of the sensor.
Shooting mode List (Normal/Prebulb/Mirror Lockup) Determines the shooting mode used in the life cycle of execution
Autofocus time Numeric 0 to 59999 Determines the time in milliseconds used for autofocusing the camera. It is only necessary if the camera is set in AF mode. If manual focusing is set, this value should be set to 0.
Shutterlag time Numeric 0 to 59999 Determines the time in milliseconds that needs to be pressed the shutter button of the camera to take the photo. The default value is set in the source code before compiling and require a different value depending on the model and brand of camera. See shutterlag times reference
Use Flash1 Logical (yes/no) Determines whether to use FLASH1
Flash1 pretime Numeric 0 to 59999 Determines the time in milliseconds to wait before firing the FLASH1.
Use Flash2 Logical (yes/no) Determines whether to use FLASH2.
Flash2 pretime Numeric 0 to 59999 Determines the time in milliseconds to wait before firing the FLASH2.
Close pretime Numeric 0 to 59999 Determines the time in milliseconds to wait before closing the shutter.
Cycles Numeric 0 to 59999 Determines the number of times to repeat the life cycle of execution. ("Zero" is equal to endless repetitions)
Intercycle time Numeric 0 to 59999 Determines the time in milisegundos to wait between each cycle. This parameter is often appropriate to allow time to the camera to process the final image.

Sensor limit Visual
Shooting mode Prebulb
Autofocus time 0
Shutterlag time 100
Use Flash1 yes
Flash1 pretime 0
Use Flash2 no
Flash2 pretime 0
Close pretime 3000
Cycles 0
Intercycle time 500

I think this are normal settings, nothing wrong with it.

I have put de value of the result in the function sensor_waitFor in the Devices_manager send to the lcd display.
I can see when an sensor is activated.
When a sensor is activated the camera shutter is activated to, only the Analog Inputs who are used for the Flashes are not becomming "High"
When i manualy do a digitalwrite(A2,high) to the analog input the flash is fired.

For some reason the output becomes not "high"
maybe this is becouse of the new arduino board V3?

I never heard somebody else had the same problem.