Program Upload

Hi. i am new with arduino; tried the 'blink' example and seemed to work fine, but then i tried the 'servo knob' example and simply it didn't work.
When installed the software had no trouble. seem like the code that is always running is someone related to blinking a led in pin 13.

When upload any program this message appears:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Don't know if could be the drivers or something else.
Help me!

It can be a number of things. You will need to be more specific in order to get assistance. For instance, what arduino are you using? What operating system? What version of the IDE? What specific steps are you performing? For example

Arduino UNO, rev 3
Windows 7
Version 1.0.1 of the IDE

Plug usb cable into computer
Plug other end of cable into the UNO
Note that the power led comes on
Open "blink" example sketch
Press the download button
Receive the following message:

Provide full text of the message received.

Hello all, I'm also a new user of Arduino and I've one question regarding the sketches uploading.

I've bought an Arduino Leonardo and it takes a long time (more than 1 minute, even 3 minutes) to compile an upload very simple sketches. A friend of mine has also bought a Leonardo and in his case the compile-upload process takes only some seconds, always less than 1 minute.

Does this time depend on the performance of my computer? It is not new but no so old... I think that it should work much faster. Any idea?

Bluetooth?

AWOL:
Bluetooth?

In my case, USB. I used a USB hub and initially I thought that it could be the reason but then I tried to connect the cable directly to an USB port in the front of my PC and the speed was the same... :frowning:

Have you got Bluetooth active on your development PC?

AWOL:
Have you got Bluetooth active on your development PC?

No I have not.

Hello,
I too am getting the same message (avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00) when i try to upload a sketch. Details:
Arduino UNO, rev 3
Windows XP Pro
Version 1.0 of the IDE

Procedure:
Plug USB cable into computer
Plug other end of cable into the UNO
Note that the power LED comes on
Open "blink" example sketch
Check to make sure proper board (Arduino Uno) is selected
Run Device Manager to check for the correct port for Arduino
Check to make sure proper serial port is selected in the IDE
Press the download button
Receive the following message:
Binary sketch size: 1026 bytes (of a 32256 byte maximum)
Then the LEDs on the Uno board blink and after about 15 seconds, this message:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Reinstalled Arduino IDE, after another upload attempt got the same results.
Reinstalled Windows, reinstalled Arduino IDE, got same results.
Held down "Shift" key while uploading to get verbose messages, got this:
avrdude: usbdev_open(): did not find any USB device "usb"

Is there a manual somewhere to find out what "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00" means? "not in sync'" sounds like maybe the baud rate is set wrong. Is there someplace to set the baud rate? Or is it something else?

I'll be forever grateful for any help!
densgt

What driver is it saying is being used when you verify the port in Device Manager?