Programmer not responding

This might help if your currently loaded sketch uses the Serial lines...

  1. Do a "verify" of your sketch to have stuff pre-compiled.
  2. After "compile done" do an "upload" which will compile THEN it will start "uploading"
  3. When you see "compiling" press and hold the reset button
  4. When you see "uploading" RELEASE the reset button.

Share your results.

It's COM10, FTDI driver, the driver IC is just plain, it has no markings on it. I don't have another nano or MCU

Is there a USB serial visible? What do you actualy see on the computer?
When you plug in the board on COM 10 do you see a USB SERIAL connection?
Can you share an image what's visible on your screen?
Only the image from the ports what you see on the device manager screen.
I still think you cleaned the driver on the board what can happen sometimes.
Cheers Dingsken.

Then it's FT232 Chinese copy, doesn't matter no problem at all, most manufacturers use the cheap chips, as manufacturer I would do same :smile:
You can try to reinstall the driver: download from FTDI website the FT2.. drivers, older versions are included too.
Maybe this will help.
Do you know how to install a driver manualy?
FT2.. drivers
Or see the help link: Tutorial on setting up and installing the FT232 driver

I was able to order another nano online, used it to burn new bootloader onto it. I uploaded sketches and works fine, I guess the old bootloader was corrupt or something

I just ordered another nano online, used it to burn new bootloader onto it. I uploaded sketches and works fine, I guess the old bootloader was corrupt or something. Thanks for your help though