Programming an arduino with assembler code

Hi,
I own an arduino UNO and I wrote a little piece of assembler code with Atmel Studio to understand it better. Until now I do not own an ISP to transfer the code to the microcontrollers memory. Is it somehow possible to use the bootloader of my arduino to transfer the code to the microcontroller? Preferable from Atmel Studio or if it is not possible with the tools of Arduino IDE?

Regards, Patrick

Take a look at this page (Reference for the watchdog timer library). As you can see, you can run assembler code using ASM( )
http://www.nongnu.org/avr-libc/user-manual/group__avr__watchdog.html

You think I should embed my assembler code in C code and then using Arduino IDE to upload it? Is this right?

This is an Arduino forum, after all.

Besides using the IDE gives you a lot of “glue”, like serial output, that you don’t get when you use bare naked assembler.

PSaR:
You think I should embed my assembler code in C code and then using Arduino IDE to upload it? Is this right?

It's that, or write to the hex and upload using avrdude from the command line (there are pages with the information on this -just google), or buy an isp programmer.

KeithRB:
Besides using the IDE gives you a lot of “glue”, like serial output, that you don’t get when you use bare naked assembler.

Like clearing SRAM and initializing the stack pointer. Serial output is icing in comparison.

Including an assembly source file (dot-S file) with a sketch should work with the latest IDE.

Ok, thanks for your replies. I hoped there was a way to generate a hex file with Atmel Studio and upload it.
Does anyone know if there are differences between Arduino IDE hex-files and Atmel Studio hex-files? If not I think it should not be very difficult to upload the code.

Try a simple program in each and compare them.
Keep in mind the IDE will have code that sets up millis() and micros() and main() and other stuff that makes an 'empty' sketch some 400 bytes:

void setup(){}
void loop(){}

Is it somehow possible to use the bootloader of my arduino to transfer the code to the microcontroller?

Yes, the bootloader will upload arbitrary .hex files; they don't have to be Arduino Sketches.
You'll have to set Atmel Studio up with an "external command" to use avrdude to do the upload, though.
try the tutorial here: https://asensar.com/blog/2013/how-to-integrate-avrdude-with-atmel-studio/