Pulsing an led strip

Hey friends,
I'm working on an art project that has some led components and am new to coding arduino. I'm trying to get an addressable led strip to pulse a solid color. Not quite like blinking on and off, but more of a fading on and off in sort of a sine wave like movement. I am using an arduino uno and the adafruit lpd8806 library. I figured this would be something that a lot of people may have done before but i can't seem to find any code example anywhere. If any of you have done this before and could share some code with me or point me in a direction that might get me started that'd be amazing! :slight_smile:

My ultimate intention is to have 7 separate strips wired to eachother, each strip displaying one the 7 colors of the rainbow, and to have each strip, moving up the color spectrum, pulsing to a slightly faster frequency.

Any insight at all would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :smiley:

How much have you got working?

Have a look at the Example -> Analog -> Fading. Replace the analogWrite with setPixelColor(). Yes this is a triangular fade-in/out. To make it look "sine wave like" you need to experiment as LED fades never seem "liniear" (twice the number is not twice the brihgtness) - but first get this working.