Questions about reset the Arduino bootloader on the Nano ESP32 s3

Hello, everyone, Reset the Arduino bootloader on the Nano ESP32 s3. Why does the RGB LED light red and blue? How do you get into such a pattern without a breadboard and cable?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm! Not all of my ESP32 Nanos have both a red and blue LED. Post a link to the one you have. Also telling us what the LEDs are labeled will help us a lot so we can help you quickly.

Sorry, I said Nano ESP32 s3

Can you help me out? Thank you very much.

Hi @feei

There is information about the RGB LED on the Arduino Nano ESP32 board here in the board's documentation:

You can control it using digitalWrite or analogWrite on the LED_RED, LED_GREEN, and LED_BLUE pins just as you would do with an external LED wired to the board.

I have deleted your other cross-post @feei.

Cross-posting is against the Arduino forum rules. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend a lot of time investigating and writing a detailed answer on one topic, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other topic.

Repeated cross-posting can result in a suspension from the forum.

In the future, please only create one topic for each distinct subject matter. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the "How to get the best out of this forum" guide. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

This part of your post seems very similar to the question from your previous post which you already considered solved:

1 Like

hi ptillisch, Please assist me in resolving the second issue: how to trigger the Arduino Nano ESP32 bootloader reset using the RESET button.

The wording of your question is extremely vague. You will get much better results from this forum if you make a better effort to clearly communicate. It might seem like it takes more time to compose a clear and detailed description, but I assure you that in the end it will save a lot of time.

I'll take a wild guess that you are asking how you can reset the microcontroller from your sketch code. You can do that by calling esp_restart():

https://docs.espressif.com/projects/esp-idf/en/latest/esp32/api-reference/system/misc_system_api.html#software-reset

Please provide a detailed description of what you mean by "bootloader reset".

How to enter this mode without breadboard and connection line? Why does RGB LED turn red and blue when entering this mode? Please answer my questions, thank you:

The only way to enter that mode is by connecting the pin marked B1 to ground. You can make that electrical connection any way you like. A breadboard is not required.

I don't know. Is there some specific reason why you want to know that? For me, it is sufficient to accept that it just does and move on with my projects.

I'm just trying to understand the principle.

Maybe someone else will have an explanation.

I can provide an explanation for why the green LED pulses after you press and release the reset button twice quickly. You can see the code for detecting the "double tap" here:

That activates a "recovery" program that is stored in a special partition of the flash memory on the Nano ESP32 board. The code for that program, including the pulsing LED is here:

Thanks, based on nano esp32 s3 development board, want to make a demo example, how should I proceed.

You should proceed any way you like. If you haven't already, I would recommend starting by blinking an LED. There is a tutorial for that here:

Okay, thank you.

You are welcome. I'm glad if I was able to be of assistance.

Regards,
Per