Read mouse pointer co ordinates

How to make the arduino to detect my pc's mouse pointer location (absolute co ordinates) and print it. Is there any way to make arduino move the cursor to a desired location and click based on the given co ordinates by the user . thank you

How to make the arduino to detect my pc's mouse pointer location (absolute co ordinates) and print it.

How would you read where my mouse is? The Arduino can not access information on the PC. Only an app on the PC can.

Is there any way to make arduino move the cursor to a desired location and click based on the given co ordinates by the user .

No. Some Arduinos can emulate mice, but they can only move the mouse cursor relative amounts. How much the mouse actually moves is not controllable, since it is a function of the configuration of the actual mouse attached, such as acceleration.

Have the PC send the mouse coordinates to the Arduino via the serial port.

Serial input basics.

jremington:
Have the PC send the mouse coordinates to the Arduino via the serial port.

Serial input basics.

OK, now the Arduino knows the window coordinates. how do you get the Arduino to tell the PC (windows) where to move to and to go ahead and move there? (if you can do that, the click part is easy).....

Maybe somebody should look up Python???

how do you get the Arduino to tell the PC (windows) where to move to

Serial port again.

And an app running in windows to intercept the serial input and take control of the mouse.
Why an arduino, why not just do it all in windows?