Reading a cars Accelerator pedal position sensors and sending them to two ecus

Hello I am from the automotive community and I am currently doing a project that requires me to use one gas pedal to control two engines. Attached is the schematic from the Accelerator pedal position sensor connector. Basically I will need the arduino to read the voltages from the Accelerator pedal outputs and then mirror that signal to each engine control unit. I used arduino for several projects back in high-school but I haven’t done anything in quite a while so I am asking for help on the best way to tackle this problem.

Some facts:

1. APP Sensor 1 Parameter Normal Range: 0.32–4.75 V
  2. APP Sensor 2 Parameter Normal Range: 0.32–2.6 V

Does the accelerator pedal and the two engine ECU's all have a common ground?

Paul

The Arduino does not have an analog output , it’s PWM - you would need a filter to produce a steady DC voltage. You might find it simpler to use an op amp voltage follower off the pots to feed the second ecu ? accelerator pedals typically have two pots - so the ecu can detect faults.

• you may be able to physically connect two pedal assemblies to gether - I did , somewhere, see an example with two accelerator pedals mounted close together , which might be handy if one engine didn’t start ??

Paul_KD7HB: Does the accelerator pedal and the two engine ECU's all have a common ground?

Paul

Yes, the body of the car acts as the ground.