Reading and Writing data from Arduino Mega 2560 memory & Bluetooth

ArduinoPros,

If I want to read one or more bytes from Arduino memory/SD card, that is user specifies start memory address, and the number of bytes to be read starting at that address, how should I approach this situation?

Similarly, if I want to write one or more bytes to memory, both time result in HEX.

I want to make use of the serial monitor IDE or TeraTerm to give commands using HC-05

I have read most of the articles on net, couldn't find one that fits the purpose.
Any kind of help is appreciated! :slight_smile:

yoham:
If I want to read one or more bytes from Arduino memory/SD card, that is user specifies start memory address, and the number of bytes to be read starting at that address, how should I approach this situation?

Look at the documentation for the SD library. See the seek() and read() functions? What problem are you having specifically?

Similarly, if I want to write one or more bytes to memory, both time result in HEX.

Memory or the SD card? Sorry, but it only takes binary. You could have an ascii representation of the hexadecimal representation of some number, but even then the ascii codes are stored in binary. You'll have to be far more specific about what you actually want here.

I want to make use of the serial monitor IDE or TeraTerm to give commands using HC-05

OK, so what's the problem?

For memory:
Have a byte pointer.
Set the pointer to the address given.
Dereference the pointer to read the memory at that address.
Increment the pointer.
Rinse and repeat.

Thank you for your inputs!

Well, I haven't started anything yet, so I just wanted to know the approach for that situation.

I will have a look at what you guys have told me right now, and revert when I will get to know what and how to send the data.