Remote Sound in birdhouse against crows

moinsen I worked with the Arduino some years ago and now i have following question: I want a Arduino Nano in our birdhouse with a sound module. And it should be controled by a remote, so my mother can scare the crows, while watching tv. Can i use a normal smartphone cable with 5,2V? Are there moduls for remote? How would you build it? Thanks alot and sorry for bad english

What makes you think you can scare crows?

Have you actually tried it?

my mother scares them with clapping her hands. i thought o a alarm sound

You can close the treat. i orderes a remote doorbell :)

Which demonstrates a point.

However much it may be amusing to do a project with Arduinox, "re-inventing the wheel" is generally no more than that - an amusement. What you initially described is indeed, a quite complete definition of a remote doorbell. You may however need some amplification

Nevertheless, I suspect the crows are more concerned about your mother actually being out there and visible, than the sound and will get accustomed to it. :roll_eyes:

For best results, you want a doorbell which has, as one of its melodies, the call of a hawk, owl, or one of the other natural predators of the crow.

For best results, you want a doorbell which has, as one of its melodies, the call of a hawk, owl, or one of the other natural predators of the crow.

I'm not so sure about that. In my experience the presence of an owl or hawk will bring a flock of crows organized to harass the predator bird. The clap of hands, or a gunshot sound may be more likely to send the crows flying away.

A doorbell? Who knows. I hope @Halaa reports back.

cattledog: I'm not so sure about that. In my experience the presence of an owl or hawk will bring a flock of crows organized to harass the predator bird. The clap of hands, or a gunshot sound may be more likely to send the crows flying away.

A doorbell? Who knows. I hope @Halaa reports back.

Oh yes. In that case I would recommend something like this where the timer mechanism is replaced with a remote controlled device like the remote doorbell the OP has considered. In fact, the project could also be marketed as a door bell for the hard of hearing.

http://www.scarecrow-bird-control.com/auditory-bird-deterrents/

Hi, Use to be used in vinyards and orchards. The few that I saw had a programming interface so you could program active times and regular or random firing times. The used PIC if I remember rightly. Also fitted with auto garage door opener button so they could be remote fired.

Tom... :)

Halaa: I want a Arduino Nano in our birdhouse with a sound module.

Did no-one notice the anomaly here? "in our birdhouse"?

What is supposed to be in the birdhouse? If it is birds or other animals, then the noisemaker will have an equal or worse effect on the incumbents. :astonished:

If someone offers a penny for your thoughts, and you put in your 2 cents, what happens to the other penny ?

1) ESP8266 can do remote without any other add-on boards. you would be able to use your phone.

battery power would be horrible as you are waiting for the button press.

2) an SD player circuit board might be easily connected to a remove switch

3) the inhabitants would be scared every bit or more, than the crows.

4) anamatronics. put a motor on a scare crow so the scare crow claps. much fun for all.... but the crows

5) as for closing the thread, please go to your first post, and on the bottom right is other > modify

edit the subject line and add [ solved ] to the end.