RFID, LCD, Arduino Code Error

Hi, so I am pretty new to Arduino. I have made integrated an RFID reader with an Arduino Uno with an LCD. This link below is what I have used for connecting all the wires. The problem is that the LCD powers on, the RFID is able to scan the tag, yet the LCD does not display if it passes or fails. The code posted below gives me the following errors. Since this is my first project, I do not have a lot of coding experience to begin with. Therefore, I was unable to “debug” as you would call. Any help would be extremely helpful as this project is for school.

This is the code as it goes as well as the error messages!

These are the errors!

Arduino: 1.6.9 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Users\Rikin\Downloads\ReadAndWrite\ReadAndWrite.ino: In function 'void loop()':

ReadAndWrite:82: error: invalid conversion from 'byte {aka unsigned char}' to 'MFRC522::PICC_Type' [-fpermissive]

lcd.print(mfrc522.PICC_GetTypeName(piccType));

^

In file included from C:\Users\Rikin\Downloads\ReadAndWrite\ReadAndWrite.ino:15:0:

C:\Users\Rikin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\rfid-master/MFRC522.h:388:36: error:   initializing argument 1 of 'static const __FlashStringHelper* MFRC522::PICC_GetTypeName(MFRC522::PICC_Type)' [-fpermissive]

static const __FlashStringHelper *PICC_GetTypeName(PICC_Type type);

^

ReadAndWrite:117: error: invalid conversion from 'byte {aka unsigned char}' to 'MFRC522::StatusCode' [-fpermissive]

lcd.print(mfrc522.GetStatusCodeName(status));

^

In file included from C:\Users\Rikin\Downloads\ReadAndWrite\ReadAndWrite.ino:15:0:

C:\Users\Rikin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\rfid-master/MFRC522.h:384:36: error:   initializing argument 1 of 'static const __FlashStringHelper* MFRC522::GetStatusCodeName(MFRC522::StatusCode)' [-fpermissive]

static const __FlashStringHelper *GetStatusCodeName(StatusCode code);

^

ReadAndWrite:139: error: invalid conversion from 'byte {aka unsigned char}' to 'MFRC522::StatusCode' [-fpermissive]

lcd.print(mfrc522.GetStatusCodeName(status));}

^

C:\Users\Rikin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\rfid-master/MFRC522.h:384:36: error:   initializing argument 1 of 'static const __FlashStringHelper* MFRC522::GetStatusCodeName(MFRC522::StatusCode)' [-fpermissive]

^

ReadAndWrite:159: error: invalid conversion from 'byte {aka unsigned char}' to 'MFRC522::StatusCode' [-fpermissive]

lcd.println(mfrc522.GetStatusCodeName(status));

^

^

ReadAndWrite:174: error: invalid conversion from 'byte {aka unsigned char}' to 'MFRC522::StatusCode' [-fpermissive]

lcd.print(mfrc522.GetStatusCodeName(status));}

^

^

ReadAndWrite:188: error: invalid conversion from 'byte {aka unsigned char}' to 'MFRC522::StatusCode' [-fpermissive]

lcd.println(mfrc522.GetStatusCodeName(status));}

^

^

Multiple libraries were found for "MFRC522.h"
 Used: C:\Users\Rikin\Documents\Arduino\libraries\rfid-master
 Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\rfid-master
exit status 1
invalid conversion from 'byte {aka unsigned char}' to 'MFRC522::PICC_Type' [-fpermissive]

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Thank you for your help!

This is the link of the instructable that I used!

ReadAndWrite.ino (5.47 KB)

How do you know you are writing to the LCD properly?

Seems to me the better approach is to make sure you know how to write to LCD and then combine that with your RFID code.

How would I go about doing that? I am sorry but this is my first project and I dove head first into it.