RS422 Chip

I'm working on a ROV control board and I'm wanting two boards to talk to each other via RS422. I'm wanting to see if anyone can tell me how I need to white this RS422 chip to a Arduino Micro?

https://lcsc.com/product-detail/RS-485-RS-422_MAXIM_MAX485ESA-T_MAX485ESA-T_C19738.html

Have you forgotten what you were told in 2015? https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=343781.msg2369348#msg2369348

That’s not a true 422 device, it’s half of one so it’s actually RS485. There is literally tons of stuff on the web for how to do that. The easiest way is to just buy a Chinese breakout board. If you want to do it the hard way, use the Chinese schematic.

BTW, the micro is lousy choice to do that with as you’ll have to use software serial. On second thought, the Mega is the only common board with multiple hardware serial ports so you’re pretty much stuck with software serial.

Module shown

|500x419

On second thought, the Mega is the only common board with multiple hardware serial ports

The Leonardo and Micro both have two serial ports. A hardware one on pins 0&1 and a separate USB one.

WattsThat: On second thought, the Mega is the only common board with multiple hardware serial ports so you’re pretty much stuck with software serial

And the Arduino DUE, does it have 4 hardware ports or 5 ?

Grumpy_Mike: The Leonardo and Micro both have two serial ports. A hardware one on pins 0&1 and a separate USB one.

Thank you Mike, it’s always good day when learn something new! I should have looked at the Sparkfun pinout, clear as can be.

WattsThat:
That’s not a true 422 device, it’s half of one so it’s actually RS485. There is literally tons of stuff on the web for how to do that. The easiest way is to just buy a Chinese breakout board. If you want to do it the hard way, use the Chinese schematic.

BTW, the micro is lousy choice to do that with as you’ll have to use software serial. On second thought, the Mega is the only common board with multiple hardware serial ports so you’re pretty much stuck with software serial.

Module shown

Thank you for your help!

The typical Arduino hook up:

DI is data in, connect to TX of Arduino RO is data out, connect to RX of Arduino

Tie RE (really RE/) and DE together and connect to digital output pin. A digital LOW on the two pins listens (receives) on the bus, force the pins HIGH to transmit.