sainsmart 3.2 TFT LCD touchscreen interface with Arduino mega 2560 board

Hi all,

Today i had ordered the Sainsmart TFT Touchscreen display along with Arduino Mega 2560 board.

Here is the link for the Sainsmart TFT Display along with Arduino Mega shield & Arduino Mega 2560 board:

Can anyone please share the library file and the example code to interface the Saintsmart TFT display
with arduino Mega 2560 board.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
V. Prakash

Hi all,

Today i had ordered the Sainsmart TFT Touchscreen display along with Arduino Mega 2560 board.

Here is the link for the Sainsmart TFT Display along with Arduino Mega shield & Arduino Mega 2560 board:

https://www.amazon.in/SainSmart-Display-Adjustable-Arduino-Mega2560/dp/B008FWSH3C

Can anyone please share the library file and the example code to interface the Saintsmart TFT display
with arduino Mega 2560 board.

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
V. Prakash

Have you considered to google or look on the SainSmart website for the exact product that you bought? I found 3.2" TFT Touch LCD; might be the one you have bought.

Please compare the photos on your link with the item on your desk.

Ebay, Amazon, AliExpress, ... shops often post inaccurate information.

Please either confirm the accuracy of the photos or describe the differences. e.g. different printed text on the pcb, different component layout on pcb, ...

David.

You could use the UTFT library, available in Rinky-Dink electronics web site.

Yes, of course UTFT would work. But only if we knew exactly what pcb he has.

The photo shows a SSD1289 controller pcb.
I suspect that you do not have SSD1289 pcb.

David.

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply. I will post the PCB image when i received the board. If my ordered board is not SSD1289 controller pcb, the library support is not available for other touch controllers? . Please let us know.

Thanks in advance

Regards,
V. Prakash

@prakashvenugopal, do not cross-post. Threads merged.

Hi Sir,

Sorry. I mistakenly posted the TFT display Query post in microcontroller group. I dont know the procedure to move the query to DISPLAY group. So i had reposted it. I will not do hereafter. sorry for the
the cross-post.

Regards,
V. Prakash

prakashvenugopal:
Hi Sir,

Sorry. I mistakenly posted the TFT display Query post in microcontroller group. I dont know the procedure to move the query to DISPLAY group. So i had reposted it. I will not do hereafter. sorry for the
the cross-post.

Regards,
V. Prakash

There is a "report to moderator" link under your posts. Use that to ask for a thread to be moved.

When the display arrives on your desk, compare it with the photos on your link.
You have to tell us how accurate the photos are.

Sainsmart have to keep up their reputation for appalling build quality.
We need to know which jumpers are set and what the soldering is like.

Yes, UTFT and URTouch should work with whatever hardware you receive e.g. SSD1289 or ILI9341_16.
When the pcb is identified and the correct jumpers are selected.

David.

p.s. I don't know which 'other' forum you have used. Displays forum would be the most appropriate place for your questions.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Once i received the boards, i will update the images and jumpers in it.
Using the touchscreen, i have to edit 10 different register values (i.e) 0 to 255 and the same register Values have to be stored in the controller. Did anyone did this touchscreen editing. Please share.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
V. Prakash

Hi all,

Can we edit a digit in the touchscreen and store that value in a register?. Please let us know. if anyone have
example for this. please share. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
V. Prakash