Satellite control?

Can Real Time Controlling and Tracking of my bot be done using Satellites?

Is your bot going to be outside?

Hmmm... ok let me try to explain...
My idea is to control an RC car from very long distance.
So is it possible to have a two-way comunication with satellite and the car? GPS is a good solution but it's only one way. In GPS only satellite provides information. Is it possible to get the sensor output from RC car to satellite, which I can receive?

Possible: Yes.
Practical for a hobby RC car: Not even remotely.

When you have enough funding to launch a satellite to control your RC car, you won't have to worry about figuring out the 2-way communicate with an Arduino.

(Note, as a cost saving method, you can probably lease time with a satellite.)

Seriously. Unless you have a specific service in mind, you aren't getting access to 2-way communicate through satellites. An actual option you might consider is getting a GPRS or GSM shield to provide connectivity over a long distance. This only costs a shield and a cell phone contract. Far less than the (hundreds of?) millions of dollars needed for satellites.

I was just thinking, if there's any Open Source soulution... ::slight_smile:

There is no open source solution for a project that is so undefined.

"I will produce electricity"
"What?"
"I will produce electricity"
"This is very undefined and impossible Mr. Edison"

Well, I'll follow up if I when I'll get a solution... :slight_smile:

When did that implausible conversation happen? or did you just make it up to vaguely support your point.

Open Source isn't magic. Open Source projects (hardware and software) are very often low-cost re-implementations of a proprietary technology.

Problem with something like satellites, very few (if any people) have the interest to launch expensive satellites so a bunch of part-time engineers can pay with them.

Add a little common sense to your ideas and your projects will become more possible.

Can Real Time Controlling and Tracking of my bot be done using Satellites?

Yes. Much the same way people interface GSM (cellular) modules to their projects you could go out and purchase a satellite phone and interface it. It will be pricey though.

so a bunch of part-time engineers can pay with them.

If only they would pay, the satellites wouldn't be so darn expensive.

Yes. Much the same way people interface GSM (cellular) modules to their projects you could go out and purchase a satellite phone and interface it. It will be pricey though.

... and there are a HUGE range of embedded satellite modems available (hint google those three words =).

Of course, there will be a number of design challenges and limitations imposed - not the least of which will be the cost, as mentioned, but it is not necessary to launch your own satellite to use one for data transmission.

!c