satellite internet receiver small/without dish

Hi, Is there a satellite internet mini receiver that can be put in a box with dimensions of, for example, 20x20x20 or less and could be powered with batteries or lower voltages from a small solar photovoltaic panel? I want to send and receive not big data from simple devices but they must be small like dimensions and possibly mobile. Thx

The only way to do what you want is to use an Iridium sat phone. Details here. https://satphones.eu/en/20-iridium-phones Very expensive to buy and very expensive to use. Iridium phones use L band so dont need any kind of dish. I dont think however you could run one off a small solar panel.

I need something like internet receiver but small.

The RockBlock satellite modem for the Iridium network is not that expensive, and for small amounts of data transferred to/from anywhere in the world, cheap to operate.

The Atlantic Buoy(tracking site) – features a solar powered one in a plastic box, and has been floating across the Atlantic ocean, transmitting its position, for about 16 months.

BorislavLukanov: Hi, Is there a satellite internet mini receiver that can be put in a box with dimensions of, for example, 20x20x20 or less and could be powered with batteries or lower voltages from a small solar photovoltaic panel? I want to send and receive not big data from simple devices but they must be small like dimensions and possibly mobile. Thx

Could you provide more details of the project as there could be solutions that you are not aware of, depending the application.

Oh, and there are many solutions that would fit in a 20cm cube, or did you mean 20m ?

jremington: The RockBlock satellite modem for the Iridium network is not that expensive, and for small amounts of data transferred to/from anywhere in the world, cheap to operate.

The Atlantic Buoy -- (tracking site) -- features a solar powered one in a plastic box, and has been floating across the Atlantic ocean, transmitting its position, for about 16 months.

great, thx, I'll check it. I presuppose that for receiving image would be insanely slow : D I would like to use a camera with video in real time in a small box on batteries + something for moving and maybe an arm for operating and free if possible : D like the GPS basically I need the sand/receive info via satellite

possibly European sats

I want to send and receive not big data from simple devices

I would like to use a camera with video in real time

?

BorislavLukanov: possibly European sats

Or possibly not ?

So was there any information that was useful in 'possibly European sats' ?

If your going to keep secret what the project is, the (free) help people are prepared to provide is very limited.

which part is not clear enough? .... a device that sends real time video image + gps date and other sensors data etc + receives real time instructions for changing position and operating an arm whit a joystick for example or "W,A,S,D, CTRL" : D and this should happen via satellite connection trough TCP or other protocols and not via serial and not using a dish so the devise can be small of dimension. Imagine something like the mars rover : D but with faster real time communication and on earth .... : D we are living in a free world and why not free services, but I really don't like hakers and staff : D

What do you mean by a real time video image? How many pixels , color or black and white, how many frames per second. Using Satellites is not free.

something like a normal web cam

So you want to build a solar powered surveillance device of unspecified size, that you can place anywhere in the World and use it for free ?

yep : D