Scale hack to get digital output

Hello all,
I'm tryin to hack this Turnigy Thrustmeter scale to get the load of the scale on arduino and print it with serial read. The idea is to use results in graphs.
This is the trhustmeter parts:

The buttons section is easy:

I found the 4 wires from the scale sensor. The problem is i dont have a HX711 to read the values directly from the scale and i dont want to have to re calibrate all the thing.
So my question is, is there any way to read the weight before it will be coded and sent to the LCD?
The board is this one, anyone knows what is it and how to read values on it???

Any help or link to tutorials is much appreciated!
Thank you and have a good day!

Hi there!

I don't know if it's just me, but none of the pictures are loading.

Anyway, I would suggest looking up an electrical schematic of your scale and see if there are any indications of where the signals coming from the scale are, and try to connect a wire from those points into your Arduino.

For lack of schematics, one avenue that should work is tapping into the display connections. This way you can read with an Arduino which segments are active, and that way read the number that's displayed.

If you know exactly what load cells are used in the scale, you may be able to read those directly (in that case you don't even need any of the original electronics).

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

this one is loading?

Images in OP load just fine for me.

Mechamilk:
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

this one is loading?

Thanks for these. I think my internet is just poor quality

HX711 modules are dirt cheap, like a dollar, or 3-4 for US shipped one.

You will spend many hours reverse engineering this, and may not be successful. Hard to justify that time when you can get a board to read it for just a few bucks.

DrAzzy:
HX711 modules are dirt cheap, like a dollar, or 3-4 for US shipped one.

You will spend many hours reverse engineering this, and may not be successful. Hard to justify that time when you can get a board to read it for just a few bucks.

First of all thank you for the reply.
What about the calibration procedure?

Calibration: use known input, record output. Do this for a range of inputs, get a range of outputs.

In case of a scale, your input is a known weight.