SD Card Detect

Hello every one :slight_smile:

I see on the Adafruit Feather M0 Adalogger schematic that D7 signals that the card is present or not. I was wondering what pin should the sketch test to see if the SD Card is present? According to the schematic it's D7, but I can not figure what the pin number is. Also what logic level will when SD Card is present? I am assuming logic 0 (low).

Thanks

My experience with SD card and UNO:

1. When Dpin-4 is connected with CS-pin of the SD Card, there is no need to set its direction as output. The card workd fine.

2. The SD Card also works with some other pins; but, in that case the direction of the connector pin must be made output by executing the instruction pinMode(10, OUTPUT) .

Your right GolamMostafa SD CS is pin 4. Thatโ€™s not I am talking about. The attached screen shot shows the SD Dect I am taking about and wondering about.

Looks like its a digital input to the uC. If you do a digitalRead(7) you should be able to see a change when the SD card is in/out.

Capture.PNG

Capture.PNG

sherzaad:
Looks like its a digital input to the uC. If you do a digitalRead(7) you should be able to see a change when the SD card is in/out.

Capture.PNG

I will try that thanks