Sd card reader Nextion

I am currently making a cnc project and and I am using a Nextion display for HMI. I have an SD card reader which is connected to an Arduino Nano. Is it possible to display .txt files from the SD card on the Nextion display? I am aware that the SDcard reader mounted on the nextion display is only capable to read .tft files but I am using a separate SD card reader on this project. Thank you

I am aware that the SDcard reader mounted on the nextion display is only capable to read .tft files

On what do you base that assumption?

groundFungus:

"Currently, the microSD slot is used to upload a TFT project file only.
– all other potential uses are currently not supported."

I am aware that the SDcard reader mounted on the Nextion display is only capable to read .tft files

He's right, the SD card reader is only for transferring the configuration, nothing else. Unless you know otherwise! If it can be used for something else, such as images to display, I'd love to know how.

Having had no experience with those displays, I did not know that the SD was reserved for configuration only. It’s just that it seemed odd to me that you can’t use the SD for anything else.

groundFungus:
Having had no experience with those displays, I did not know that the SD was reserved for configuration only. It's just that it seemed odd to me that you can't use the SD for anything else.

I have read comments that it can be used to store images for display, however, I have never seen anything that explains how to do this, and given what I know about how to configure one I can't see any way to try that might work. I guess it's one of the limitations you have to accept.

Update on using the SD card

The Basic and Enhanced Nextion displays do not support access to the SD card. The Intelligent Nextion displays do have access to the SD card. I you look in the Nextion instruction set you will see instructions for accessing the SD card but these only apply to the Intelligent Nextion displays. Also, if you look in the Nextion IDE there are objects that allow access to the SD card. I do not have an Intelligent Nextion display so I am not able to test any of these.