SD Card Shield and Ethernet Shield

I have two shields, the SD card sheild and ethernet shield (With a micro SD card slot on the shield)

Is it possible to use both shields? The reason I'm asking is for two reasons...

• The SD card shield supports full sized SD cards, which is what I will need for this project
  • The SD card also has some IO for expansion elsewhere for other SD cards or flash-like devices

However I'd still like to have ethernet capability, but the ethernet shield comes with a micro SD card port.
When I program using the SD card libraries, am I going to run into a problem as to which SD card / shield I can use?

Do you have an Uno? Can you post links to the SD card shield and ethernet shield you are using?

SurferTim:
Do you have an Uno? Can you post links to the SD card shield and ethernet shield you are using?

I have both the UNO and MEGA ADK. I mostly use the Mega.

As for the shields, here are the links --
http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoEthernetShield -- Ethernet shield, note that it also has a microSD card slot
Seeed Studio Bazaar, The IoT Hardware enabler. -- And here's the SD card shield from Seeed that I use.

That SD shield is not Mega compatible. If you want to use it on a Mega, you must "pin bend" and jumper a few pins; D10, D11, D12, and D13.

If you use it on an Uno, you must "pin bend" and jumper D10 on the SD shield to another pin, like D4. D10 is the slave select for the w5100.

SurferTim:
That SD shield is not Mega compatible. If you want to use it on a Mega, you must "pin bend" and jumper a few pins; D10, D11, D12, and D13.
SD Card Shield V3.0‏‎ - Seeed Wiki

If you use it on an Uno, you must "pin bend" and jumper D10 on the SD shield to another pin, like D4. D10 is the slave select for the w5100.

Excellent, this is a great start, thank you!

So in order to use the SD card shield on the Mega, I have to pin bend D10-13 to where on the Mega? by pin-bending you mean relocating the pins elsewhere correct? if that's the case, that's the SPI on the SD card shield, where would that be on the mega (At work so I don't have one readily available to look at)

and if I do choose to pin bend, do I have to tell the softwrae exactly where D10-13 are for the SD card library?

Nevermind, found something useful: SD Card Shield configuration on Arduino mega 2560 REV3? - Storage - Arduino Forum