Sending S-Video via Arduino and nRF24L01

Hey, it’s Jerome Ariola again. Been years since I last been on the forum…

I am currently working on a project that involves a video transmission, and I was intrigued by how the 5.8Ghz transmitter and receiver pair worked. These are aftermarket radio systems for drones to transmit the video signal from the drone to your goggles (I’m glad I came a long long way since my first post haha)

For my new project, since I am using machine learning and object recognition, I need the highest quality signal I can get for the Raspberry Pi part of the project; although I can retrain a network for analog video and noise, I think it’s easier for me to work with something I know works. The idea is to intercept the HDMI output of the Pi, convert it to AV signal using some sort of converter ( this, although I think I might have been scammed; there seems to be no middleman to convert from HDMI to analog…). Then, I wish to get this signal and transmit it via the nRF24L01.

If this is plausible, I will go ahead and start work on it. However, I did some reading and found out that the bandwidth of S-Video signal ranges from 4-6MHz, but the crystal oscillator on the Arduino is 16MHz, therefore this is one of the issues I think are impossible to overcome.

Lastly, I think this question is just silly, but the idea came across my head so I thought I’d give it a try

A 16MHz Arduino does not have the speed or the memory to handle video, or even decent quality still images.

I also doubt very much that an nRF24 would have the bandwidth needed for video even if it was hooked up to a much faster micro-processor.

Maybe an ESP32-CAM would be suitable for your project - it can transmit its video over WiFi.

...R

Hi, thanks for your reply! I might just stick to the aftermarket video transmitter/receivers I originally use for my drones.

However, this ESP32 CAM might be a good idea for one of my other projects. Perfectly suited, rather!