Seeing sporadic serial communications with the WiFi101 shield added.
This is what I'm experiencing - each is an and:
- Using arduino.cc Zero and WiFi101 (ONLY - no other components)
- In Arduino IDE - many IDE and board and library versions over last 6 months
- 100% of time - I get ack on sketch upload via programming and native USB ports.
- I have tried all speed 9600 to 115200
- Have used 3 different MAC computers w/ OS 10.9-10.2
- Have tried w/ and w/o FTDI drivers
- Have power-cycled the computer
- Have left the serial window open and closed
- 100% of the time any valid sketch works w/o WiFi101 attached.
- Have tried many USB cables - including name brand and military grade (blackberry)
- Have set sketches to output on USBSerial > native or Serial > programming ports.
- All other boards used including UNO R3, Sparkfun SAMD and 328, Adafruit metros etc work flawlessly.
Those are the conditions I have used
In sketches where serial line output is needed, seeing inconsistent results using all of the above conditions (yes, have been at this for a long time) with these observations:
Example Sketch "check firmware" - get serial output 90%
Example Sketch "NTP time check" - get serial output 80%
Example Sketch "Scan networks" - get serial output 80%
JSON parsing sketches - 40% output.
Serial Port Window closed sketch runs and wifi connect led illuminates
Pressing reset on zero has no impact
Open IDE serial port window - zero ON led illuminates solid immediately when no output coming - when output coming led blinks on/off related to serial output.
Have read just about every post.
Looking at the schematics and getting up to speed on the pin connections etc - I see SDL/SCA connections and pin 0/1 serial connections - which should have no impact on my situation but wondering just the same.
Also have tried w/ and w/o the while hardware and connection loops as some earl posts reported observed issues.
At my wits end - considering shelving this combo and waiting for the upcoming replacement.
Hardly see the point posting code since I am using all stock code - would be very happy to use a few sketches anyone can think of to see if we can pin this down.