Servo Arm Screw Mount size

Hello,
I had a simple question about the size of the screws for the sg90 servo arm. What is the size of the screw needed to mount the servo arm to the sg90 servo? If anyone knows, let me know. Thanks!
-Matthew

This is an impossible question to answer, as there are so many counterfits and copies.

1 Like

perhaps just buy a cheap set of servo horns that come with screws?

1 Like

Bring out the calipers...

I'm guessing M3 or thereabouts. Try some and see what fits!

1 Like

The 9g servos I have (not genuine SG90s) all use a small self-tapper a bit less then 2mm diameter. I'd guess a size 1.

Steve

Just as an indication here are two pictures of my SG90s as they arrive from China (Banggood six packs).

The short screw is intended for the horn and all measure 2mm external across the threads. They are all a type of self-tapper and seem to work OK. Hope that helps.

Edit: Just checked. The hole is unthreaded and a loose fit for 1.5mm but smaller than 1.8 (the only drill bits I have). If I decide not to use the supplied screw I would tap it to 2mm.

Just tried that. Tapped to M2x0.4 and it works great. 5mm deep.

Willem.

NB. I am having a lot of problems with the site recently, specially Microcontrollers. Any reason?

Willem43:
Just as an indication here are two pictures of my SG90s as they arrive from China (Banggood six packs).

The short screw is intended for the horn and all measure 2mm external across the threads. They are all a type of self-tapper and seem to work OK. Hope that helps.

Edit: Just checked. The hole is unthreaded and a loose fit for 1.5mm but smaller than 1.8 (the only drill bits I have). If I decide not to use the supplied screw I would tap it to 2mm.

Just tried that. Tapped to M2x0.4 and it works great. 5mm deep.

Willem.

NB. I am having a lot of problems with the site recently, specially Microcontrollers. Any reason?

Thanks that did help I highly appreciate it :slight_smile:

I have similar, they are M3.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.