Sharing Library With Others

Hello, I am new to creating libraries, and would like to know how to share a library with others, & how do I see my library? Thanks in advance. Code:

#include "TestLibrary.h"
void setup() {

}

void loop() {
  blinkLED(13, 500); //pin, frequency in milliseconds
}

This part is for the .cpp:

/*
  Morse.cpp - Library for flashing Morse code.
  Created by David A. Mellis, November 2, 2007.
/*This is where you write the code you want to run*/
#include "Arduino.h"
#include "TestLibrary.h"

void blinkLED(int pin, int delayTime){
  pinMode(pin, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(pin, HIGH);
  delay(delayTime);
  digitalWrite(pin, LOW);
  delay(delayTime);  
}

This part is for the .h:

#include "Arduino.h"
void blinkLED(int pin, int delayTime);

The best way to share your library is to upload it to GitHub. This is where the vast majority of Arduino libraries are hosted:

UptownKitten:
how do I see my library?

I don't understand the question. Please provide more details.

Sorry, still too vague. Try harder this time. I'm certain you're capable of explaining this simple concept to me. Use your words. Maybe you think you're saving time by not writing very much, but you're wrong.

I think he wants his library to be visible via the Library Manager.

Pieter

UptownKitten:
I still don't understand, I don't want to code to add a Arduino library to GitHub, or do I have to do that? The GitHub tutorials are telling me I have to code to add code to GitHub, what for? What is a simple way or how can I add a library or code to GitHub without having to actually code with the GitHub code? Can I use something else if not? What can I use for sharing code/libraries?

I'm afraid you're totally lost here.

github is just a place to share code. You can write your arduino code (which is written in C++ language) and save it on your computer. You can load it and run it anytime. Inside your sketch folder you can create your own libraries folder and write all the libraries you want. And to see them you just open up the code you wrote. That's all a library is, it's a bunch of code in a file. If you don't want to write code then you'll never be involved in writing libraries because that's all they are is code.

Now if you have some code that you wrote on your computer and you want to share it with others, then you can save it as a git repository and share it on github. Or you can just post it here on the forum in the exhibition section where someone could find it with a search. Or you can just email it to a friend that you want to share with. Whatever you want to do.

I think you've gotten really lost with the terminology. Back up for a second and describe what you actually want to do in simple every day language.

UptownKitten:
I still don't understand, I don't want to code to add a Arduino library to GitHub, or do I have to do that? The GitHub tutorials are telling me I have to code to add code to GitHub, what for? What is a simple way or how can I add a library or code to GitHub without having to actually code with the GitHub code? Can I use something else if not? What can I use for sharing code/libraries?

arduino_new and PieterP are haring off on the assumption that you want to add your library to the Arduino Library Manager index (Sketch > Include Library > Manage Libraries... and Tools > Manage Libraries... in the Arduino IDE, Libraries > Library Manager in the Arduino Web Editor. I'm an expert on the Library Manager but I don't play the assumptions game. If you won't make the effort to explain what you want to accomplish, I'm not going to make the effort to help you. It's that simple.

Take some deep breaths.

Sit down and explain exactly what you want to accomplish. Use lots of sentences.

Now, before posting, pretend you don't know anything about your situation and goals and read what you wrote. Does it make perfect sense to you? Is everything very clear? If not, keep working on your explanation until it's extremely clear and precise.

This is an extremely important skill that you will need to learn if you want any success getting help here on the forum.