Skin Conductance code + Processing graph code

Hello everyone,

It is my first post here and I would like to introduce myself, I’m an Audio Engineer, currently studying Electronics with a lot of interest in measuring human emotions.

I’m getting together a EEG setup which I would like to compliment with an GSR sensor.

I got myself the Grove GSR sensor but because of my limited knowledge in programming I’m struggling to get it working properly.

I have a couple of questions and I hope someone will be able to help me here.

I’m able to get a raw GSR output into the Arduiono via the AnalogReadSerial, however the signal I’m getting is a skin resistance read, I would like to convert it into a conductance reading which I know is 1/R.

How would I express that in Arduino code?

My next question is about the unit conversion, standard unit for skin conductance is micro Siemens, how would I be able to code the arduiono to display the reading in this unit?

wiki/Siemens(unit)

And finally I would like to use Processing to display my signal. I’m just looking for a simple visual graph which I can then modify to suit my needs.

I appreciate any help!

Regards,

Hubert

I'm able to get a raw GSR output into the Arduiono via the AnalogSerialRead

I really have no idea what this means. Analog data is one thing. Serial data is something else. I have no clue what AnalogSerial data is.

How would I express that in Arduino code?

Using the division operator (/).

My next question is about the unit conversion, standard unit for skin conductance is micro Siemens, how would I be able to code the arduiono to display the reading in this unit?

That would depend on what unit system your AnalogSerial data, whatever the heck that is, is in.

Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

My mistake I meant "AnalogReadSerial" code from the Arduino examples.

PaulS: Using the division operator (/).

Could you elaborate on that? where would I implement the division operator?

My mistake I meant "AnalogReadSerial" code from the Arduino examples.

So, you used an example to create your code, but you still haven't shared YOUR code.

where would I implement the division operator?

int someData = 14;

int oneOver = 1/someData;

Not exactly rocket science...