Solenoid valve proportional control

Hello all,

I am using an on/off solenoid valve for control of letting pressurized air through. I was wondering if there was a way to get this valve to behave somewhat like a proportional valve? I would use a proportional valve in place of this one but I have space constraint issues. So before I go about redesigning the space this valve will be in, I was wondering if there were a way to get this on/off valve to work like a proportional one. Any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you and have a nice day arduino community.

Depends on valve you are using. Do you have link to its datasheet?

http://minstac.com/electro-fluidic-systems/solenoid-valves/lhd/soft-tube-ported-style.cfm

It's the LHDA1231315H valves

I don't think that you can use that valve in proportional manner. You can try some sort of low freq (a few Hz) PWM. But this way valve can fail pretty soon.

alesam:
I don't think that you can use that valve in proportional manner. You can try some sort of low freq (a few Hz) PWM. But this way valve can fail pretty soon.

alesam:

yeah that's what i figured