I can't figure out why, but I can't get new sketches to upload to my breadboard arduino with the Sparkfun FT232RL USB to Serial Breakout Board.
I bought the breakout board to avoid breaking pins from repeatedly moving it to an Arduino for programming, and to not take up a useful Arduino that could be used for other projects.
- The chip is an ATMega 328P from Adafruit, boatloaded as a Duemilanove.
- Drivers are installed as per the tutorial at Sparkfun
- Arduino Duemilanove with Atmega328 is selected under "Board"
- /dev/tty.usbserial-AD01TVWT is selected under "Serial Port" (This is on a Mac)
- The Serial Monitor [u]works[/u]. It prints out data as expected from the previously loaded sketch.
- Wiring this to an UNO and using the TX & RX pins (with no chip in the UNO) works fine, the board is not improperly wired.
- NOTE: The LEDs are flashing in my photo. This was originally programmed by putting the chip in an UNO and flashing it.
I've laid out everything I can think of at the moment. Any obvious blunders that I've overlooked? I'm at a loss and frustrated.