Solved: Can't seem to get my steppers to go in reverse. (

Hi
I'm having some trouble with a little stepper motor setup I have.
I need stepper2 to go in the opposite direction and I thought I just put a negative value instead. But it keeps going in the same direction. I've tried negative values all over the place and switched the pinning around, but I can't get it to work.
My steppers are called 28YBJ-48.
Any help is much appreciated.

#include <AccelStepper.h>
#define HALFSTEP 4

#define motorPin1 4
#define motorPin2 5
#define motorPin3 6
#define motorPin4 7

#define motorPin5 8
#define motorPin6 9
#define motorPin7 10
#define motorPin8 11

AccelStepper stepper1(HALFSTEP, motorPin1, motorPin2, motorPin3, motorPin4);
AccelStepper stepper2(HALFSTEP, motorPin5, motorPin6, motorPin7, motorPin8);

const int buttonPin = 2;
int buttonState = 0;


void setup() {
  
  stepper1.setMaxSpeed(250.0);
  stepper1.setAcceleration(50.0);
  stepper1.move(1);
  
  stepper2.setMaxSpeed(3.0);
  stepper2.setAcceleration(50.0);
  stepper2.move(-1);
  
  pinMode(buttonPin,INPUT);
  
}

void loop() {
  
  buttonState = digitalRead(buttonPin);
  
  if (buttonState == LOW){
    stepper1.move(70000);
    stepper2.move(1000);
  }
  stepper1.run();
  stepper2.run();
}

I need stepper2 to go in the opposite direction and I thought I just put a negative value instead.

Really?

  if (buttonState == LOW){
    stepper1.move(70000);
    stepper2.move(1000);
  }

Which one of those values looks negative to you?

As I said. Putting a negative value didn't work. I need stepper2 to do the opposite of what it's doing in the code above. I may not be smart, but I'm not an idiot.

I'm not an idiot.

But you did post code that is not what you are actually using. Well, good luck getting THAT code to work.

This is the code I'm using. When a change doesn't do what I expect, I change it back. I needed it to go the opposite direction and thought putting a negative value would do it. It didn't, so I changed it back. I was probably not clear enough in my initial post.
edit: talking nonsense.

Found this and it solved my issues. Accel stepper library with support for 28byj-48 motor - Libraries - Arduino Forum