Souliss Project (easy and cheap IoT system) with Android app

Well, given the limited diffusion potential and much of the library I want to present, I think it’s important to make a good exposure of the system, and even more, their (almost unlimited) possibilities

First it is clear that it is a completely open project, which simply collaborate and for which I seek more support as volunteers.

The system is based on nodes (Arduino compatible), as a minimum we will have a master node or gateway, which can be connected to the home LAN with both the standard and the Shield ENC28J60 much cheaper (€ 1.67), also by WIFI.

With this minimal configuration and reduced code in Arduino you can configure different types of devices:
-Any type of sensor
-Led’s
-Relays
-Led Strips (RGB and normal)
-Engines (Curtains and Blinds, with limit switches)
-Control any device by sending infrared (air conditioners, TV, Led Strip RGB with remote, …)
-Push (Capacitive and pushbuttons)

• External rf-buttons (with the senders and receivers cheaper 1 €)
  • Alarms

And we can settle this free Android App to control all, it is simple to set up (just put the ip) and if you want you can also connect from 3G simply putting the public IP of our connection. Allows programming command groups (turn off all lights, …) and scenes (On heating if it’s cold, turn off lights when I’m not home, lit timed and conditional configurable others. Additionally it manually see all nodes and slots (“devices”), also directly control the intensity or color of lights, synchronize them with music or view graphs of temperature and humidity unlimited time. (See App link at the end).

Of course the system is fully autonomous and can control all the inputs (buttons, etc …) - outputs

But it is here, in fact, from here is I start from the idea of ??getting involved in Souliss.

A node is cheap, you just need an Arduino (I actually use atmega328 standalone) and a network connection, in my case the most economical ENC was that made me decant for this project, and I was not wrong (at least for now ).

From the idea of ??having a gateway node that makes we can connect up to 32 nodes to 32 devices (I think they are anymore, but we need a gateway to 2560). Connection methods between nodes are also very interesting, you can connect any other node LAN (wired or wifi) or by direct connection (across RX-TX), with limited distance, which I have managed to extend the connection of a very cheap chips (€ 4 10ud MAX485) to a maximum distance of 1.2km between each node. smiley

The advantage of this method is that with one Arduino + ENC can have up to 31 nodes connected with only two wires (using the installation of telephone cables from my house) and Peers (or non-gateway nodes) only needed to connect to the network Souliss one MAX485 (€ 0.40). With this we would have practically the home automation network)

After installation only left the control buttons that will be capacitive buttons, or, and of course control devices, in my case the lighting will be replaced by almost led lighting by LED strips, or high power LEDs as well as capacitive buttons . The temperature-humidity sensors (DHT11 € 1 pc) can be mounted directly on the Node.

I have also developed a small device (which can be loaded on a atmega8) that would send up to 18 buttons or buttons to the node by RF, with cheaper plates market (1 € transmitter and receiver), so that could be “toggle” replacing light switches (or putting a simple metal plate over into a capacitive sensor) and the node with the outputs (Strips, lamps, led strips).

A colleague is developing the interconnection between nodes CISECO RF modules, which for less than 10 € daria features “WIFI” nodes.

To me it was a priority for the project to go as cheap as possible. The cost of a node (including capacitive buttons, transistors to control led strip, led infrared, rf receiver, temperature and humidity sensor and MAX485) hanging about 5 €

And last but not least, we are putting the finishing touches to the development interface link OpenHab (Yes, the well-known) and a simple interface on web, (the app of android and returns the status of the network and can send commands on and off by html) There are some advanced project in HTML5 + JS + CSS. And we have also developed a “small-app” that collects the data and upload to xively (a website that allows sensors and record data for later analysis and statistics)

MORE INFO: www.mysouliss.eu

Note: Info tranlated from juanpintom