Sound sensor

I'm looking for a good sound sensor able to measure dB in the differents frequencies that the human ear notice. I've trying the most basics sensors but they can't measure omnidirectional sound and have problems with higher frequencies.

This is one of the sensors, I've trying to use.

The "sensor" you point to, is a $0,1 mic. To measure SPL u'll need something more costly..

Could you please give me the name of one of those sensors ables to measure the sound, in the way I already posted ?

Thanks

It is called a microphone.

Note on the UNO you can only get frequencies of about 5KHz using the internal A/D.

How are you going to do this? It sounds like a job for an FFT.

I wanted to do it. But, I realize it's too difficult for me.
I just wanted to know which sensors are used in this type of project.

Also, could you please explain me how does a FFT works ? I will use this information to explain the problems I had during the project. And the way that a sound sensor could be accomplished.

Thanks,

I just wanted to know which sensors are used in this type of project.

A microphone, an amplifier and an external fast A/D converter.

could you please explain me how does a FFT works ?

Not to confident you will understand it but here:-

I will use this information to explain the problems I had during the project.

Why not tell them the truth?

Don't worry, I would tell them the truth. I already told my teacher that this part of the project is too difficult, and too expensive. But, I would explain how the sound sensor should be develope.

I would try to understand how does it work the FFT

Thanks,

The web is a vast warehouse of information on FFT's and google is a pretty amazing guide to find your way around. In a nutshell an FFT will take the meausrements you have made in the time domain and transform that into the frequency domain allowing you to easily measure the signal strength at given frequencies instead of at given times.

Google will find you far more detailed information than any of us has time to write down in a forum reply. The best thing you can learn from this exercise is that Google is your friend.

Good luck,
wade