SPI PINS ARDUINO MEGA 2560

I am a little confused, the Arduino Mega Pinout indicates that Pins 50-53 are MISO, MOSI, SCK and SS. The same pinout also shows Pins 10-13 also SS, MOSI, MISO and SCK. Are there two sets of these pins, request help pl. I am using an Arduino Uno MP3 Player Shield on both the boards. thanks

So you have a Mega2560 pinout that shows pins 10-13 as SS, MOSI, MISO and SCK ?

You sure ?

Because they aint there, they are on pins Pins 50-53 and SCK,MOSI,MISO are also on the ISP connector.

If built correctly, your Arduino UNO shield needs to pick up MOSI, MISO and SCK from the ISP connector.

mandeep255:
I am a little confused, the Arduino Mega Pinout indicates that Pins 50-53 are MISO, MOSI, SCK and SS. The same pinout also shows Pins 10-13 also SS, MOSI, MISO and SCK. Are there two sets of these pins, request help pl. I am using an Arduino Uno MP3 Player Shield on both the boards. thanks

just guessing here but your MP3 Player sheild probably looks something like this:

coz the board was designed for an Arduino UNO, the SPI pins on the sheild are labelled to match the pinout the UNO.

if you want to now want to use the sheild with a MEGA, all you need to do is connect the MISO, MOSI, SCK and SS of the sheild to the MISO, MOSI, SCK and SS of the MEGA (as you have noted, these are on Pins 50-53 for the MEGA)

Good Luck!