ssh permission denied

Hello fellow forum members, I’m having this problem with my ssh access to arduino yun, after entering

with root and my password I’m typing some directories which I think they exist, it gives me permission

denied. I would really appreciate if you could help. Here is what they look like :

Unless I’m missing something, In line 1 on directory.jpg, ln requires 2 arguments ln -s source destination.
Make your destination directory first (mkdir), then link your source, which I think would be /mnt/sda1 to your destination directory. I think, if I’m clear on your intentions it would be ln -s /mnt/sda1 /arduino/www/test.
Assuming that the directory /arduino/www/test exists. To check: ls /arduino/www/test. If not found, create the path with mkdir.

You are typing a command:

/mnt/sda1/arduino/www/test ls

You are trying to execute the file test that is in /mnt/sda1/arduino/www and giving it the argument ls. That file test does not have execute permissions, so it cannot execute that file, therefore you are getting that message.

I'm guessing that is the name of the folder that you are trying to list, and what you really want is:

ls /mnt/sda1/arduino/www/test

That will run the ls command, and ask it to list the contents of the directory /mnt/sda1/arduino/www/test

Ok. Yes now I got my head around the navigation. Thank you guys.

@fatihturhan,

it is apparent you don’t know what you are doing. Can you explain what your are trying to do so we can help you do what you are trying to do? If you need a tutorial, we can help you find one.

Jesse

Thanks for the offer Jesse, we're actually trying to write sensor data to a database, onboard one,

and then get it displayed on a webpage. We were giving a try to one of the instructed projects and got

lost somehow, you can follow it here http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=309035.0