Standalone atmega328p-pu

Hello

i am trying to make standalone atmega328p-pu. Below is connection detail i made. pin 1 to Vc through 10k resistor. pin 7 to Vcc pin 8 to GND pin 9 & 10 to 16Mhz crystal. each lag of crystal connected to 22pF capacitor and remaining leg of capacitor to GND. pin 19 to 220ohms to Led to GND. pin 20 to Vcc pin 22 to GND.

(connection are as mentioned in http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoToBreadboard)

here Vcc and GND are supplied from Arduino uno board. atmega328p-pu has blink code uploaded.

IT IS NOT WORKING.

when i was troubleshooting, i removed both 22pF capacitor and now led connected to pin 19 is started blinking.

So now, can i make PCB using crystal and without capacitor ?

Help !!

It should work with the caps.Double check your connection

(deleted)

I have seen a similar problem reported and least twice before on this forum, and in both cases the reason for it not working with the caps was that the caps were not really 22pF, they were something much larger like 22nF.

Thanks all for the replay

HugoPT : connections are ok

dc42 :

dc42:
I have seen a similar problem reported and least twice before on this forum, and in both cases the reason for it not working with the caps was that the caps were not really 22pF, they were something much larger like 22nF.

caps are 22pF. The code written over them is 220 (i.e.22 pF)
i have changed components at-least by 3-4 times in case there is component problem !