Stepper is disrupting my sensor

Hello all,

I don't have any experience with electronics wiring but that much I figured out.

I have this configuration:

And then I try to use a magnetic proximity sensor and everything is working fine when the motor is not power on, even if I power up only the stepper driver but not the motor.
If I power up the motor then the sensor is starting to give random values when I read, or if I use attachInterrupt on the digital pin that is connected.

What should I do? It is very frustrating.

Thanks

You need to post your code AND a diagram of how everything is connected AND a photo of the project so we can see how the wiring is physically arranged

...R

Motor's generate a strong magnetic field when powered, maybe that causes the random values...??

And there are lots of high current transients on the wiring to the motor. How are things wired? Are each
windings' leads individual twisted pairs? Does the stepper motor wiring have a shield? Does your sensor
wiring have a shield?

I don't have shield on stepper motor wires or the sensor.
I will change wires and try again.

Thanks.

Hi,
Have you got both parts needed for that sensor to work properly?

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/240/Littelfuse_Reed_Sensors_59065_Datasheet.pdf-934426.pdf

It is a two part unit, it needs to see a particular "actuator" to perform as intended.

Tom.... :slight_smile: