Stopping a DC motor in the presence of a stop

Hello everyone As part of my school project, which has a modernizer a laser levelling (For building sites), I have to realize a program to control two DC motors using an Arduino UNO and the DRV8835 shield.

My objective is that the upgrade should be done automatically when the device is turned on according to the data of an accelerometer.

The system is composed of 2 DC motors, each of which drives a gear and worm system, allowing the laser beam

My problem is the following: I must be able to stop the motor of the installation and a contact with the machine and have it repaired in the other without, BUT without using sensors or other type of detectors. I have only a few 100nk100 capacitors and resistors but I do not know how to use them. Knowing that the current in the motor increases it is blocked, I like to think of using the overcurrent, but I do not see how to do it.

Thank you in advance for your conference and your potential answers, Yassine

YassPastore: The system is composed of 2 DC motors, each of which drives a gear and worm system, allowing the laser beam

allowing the laser beam to do what?

Try measuring the current through the motor when moving you setup and when blocked. If there is a significant, reproducable difference your approach could work. Use a low value resistor (1 Ohm or less) in series with the VIN Pin of your H-Bridge board as a shunt.

If the motor supply voltage is higher than 5V (3,3V on a 3,3V arduino) you have to use a voltage divider to measure the voltage using one of the analog inputs.

lg, couka

The very similar DRV8833 has a facility for current sensing. See the Pololu web page for an explanation.

...R