Suddenly Can't Upload any sketch to any board Java Errors

When I try to load example sketch ‘BareMinimum’ to either a UNO or NANU or NodeMCU 12e it compiles OK but when trying to upload I get following error…

Example below is using the new IDE version 1.6.13 but same error now occurs when I try with earlier IDE 1.6.12.
I have tried reinstalling JAVA latest version 111

Any ideas ???

Error is as follows…

Arduino: 1.6.13 (Windows 10), Board: “Arduino Nano, ATmega328”

Build options changed, rebuilding all

Sketch uses 450 bytes (1%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30,720 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
java.io.IOException: Cannot run program “REMOVE/bin/avrdude”: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1048)
at processing.app.helpers.ProcessUtils.exec(ProcessUtils.java:26)
at cc.arduino.packages.Uploader.executeUploadCommand(Uploader.java:129)
at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:207)
at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:78)
at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:709)
at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:682)
at processing.app.Editor$DefaultExportHandler.run(Editor.java:2189)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.(ProcessImpl.java:386)
at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(ProcessImpl.java:137)
at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(ProcessBuilder.java:1029)
… 8 more
An error occurred while uploading the sketch

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

Further to my post above and some hints from https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=98697.0 the problems could be caused by a USB driver (usbser.sys) that may have gone haywire… I’m running Windows 10.

Any help appreciated

Problems started after upgrading IDE to 1.6.13 So I tried reinstalling BUT still not fixed.

Previous installation created a hidden folder C:\Users\User Name\AppData\Local\Arduino15

SO THE FIX WAS TO to delete this possibly hidden folder 'Arduino15' to remove all files left over from previous installation THEN reinstalled IDE 1.6.13

Problem now gone..... Hope this is of assistance to others.

Cheers

A bunch of people have had IDE 1.6.x problems, including IDE crashes and bizarre compile errors, when they had a previous 1.5.x/1.6.x installation. At least some of those problems seem to be caused by incompatible executables and preference files that the IDE saves outside the IDE installation directory. Perhaps that is what is causing your particular problem. In such cases it appears that the fix is to delete or rename the old "Arduino15" directory and re-install 1.6.x.

On Mac OS X:
/Users/(username)/Library/Arduino15 (a.k.a. ~/Library/Arduino15)
(Note: The 'Library' folder is greyed out in Finder. The folder can't be opened with a double-click. To browse the contents of 'Library', ctrl-click on it and select "Open in New Tab" from the pop-up menu.)

On Windows delete or rename both:
Arduino IDE 1.6.5r5 and previous: C:\Users(username)\AppData\Roaming\Arduino15
Arduino IDE 1.6.6 and later: C:\Users(username)\AppData\Local\Arduino15

On Linux:
/home/(username)/.arduino15 (a.k.a. ~/.arduino15)
(Note: file/folder names starting with '.' are not normally shown in directory listings. Use 'ls -a' to get a directory listing that includes the hidden files.)

ran into this problem on my mac - the above post helped me to solve it (thank you johnwasser)

additional info:
I could not navigate to that folder using the finder, resorted to the terminal

open 'Terminal' (located in a subfolder of the applications/ folder - the name is localized and may be different from my system - i think Utilities?)
Terminal should start with a path to your home folder
navigate to /Users/(username)/Library/, en remove the Arduino15 folder

this solved my problem

quick how to for the terminal application:
use 'ls' to show the contents of the current path you are in
use cd foldername' to navigate a level deeper
use ''cd ..' to navigate a level up

i had to remove the Arduino15 folder using the command 'rm -Rd Arduino15'

From what i gather, this folder is some sort of copy or cache from earlier versions that seems to cause problems.

disclaimer: this may have worked for me - but i strongly advise you to backup your hard disk before trying this. I accept no responsability whatsoever.