System for automatically changing TV channels according to a schedule?

System for automatically changing TV channels according to a schedule?

Greetings,

I am seeking a system of automatically changing TV channels according to a schedule. Either one that exists or how to build one. I just want to know if it possible with Arduino?

Thanks

RTC + This library http://www.arcfn.com/2009/08/multi-protocol-infrared-remote-library.html + and some components seems simple enough.

There are two parts to your project. One is getting the TV to change channels when the Arduino does something. Knowing something about your TV is essential if we are to help you with that. If it can be controlled with a remote control, the Arduino, with suitable external circuitry can act like a remote control. Google Arduino + IR for tons of stuff.

The second part is defining the schedule. Is that to be hard-coded in the sketch, or do you want to be able to make changes without uploading a new sketch. How will you view the current schedule? Do you have a keypad that would allow you to enter new times?

I just want to know if it possible with Arduino?

Of course, and not even all that difficult (if the schedule is hard-coded).

PaulS: There are two parts to your project. One is getting the TV to change channels when the Arduino does something. Knowing something about your TV is essential if we are to help you with that. If it can be controlled with a remote control, the Arduino, with suitable external circuitry can act like a remote control. Google Arduino + IR for tons of stuff.

The second part is defining the schedule. Is that to be hard-coded in the sketch, or do you want to be able to make changes without uploading a new sketch. How will you view the current schedule? Do you have a keypad that would allow you to enter new times?

I just want to know if it possible with Arduino?

Of course, and not even all that difficult (if the schedule is hard-coded).

Hi Paul, thanks for your help. I want to make this remote because I am working in IPTV field so i want to change the TV channels automatically after several time intervals for monitoring purpouse there are more than 400 channels and it not an TV remote because we are using motorola reciever so it will be an motorla remote control.

I belive we can easily modify the sketch using Ardiuno. Although programming is my weak part but I can take help from my friends. what do u say?