The SD library was not found. loadImage() and image() won't be supported.

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with compiling and uploading some example code to my Arduino Uno. Here is my setup:

MacBook Pro Early 2011
macOS HighSierra (10.13.2)
Arduino IDE 1.8.5

When I compile the following code I get an error message. I have spent hours and hours looking for a solution now and can’t find something that works. The SD library is installed under Users/Mogli/Documents/Arduino/libraries/SD and also under
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/SD. Any ideas?

#include <SPI.h>
#include <TFT.h>            // Arduino LCD library

#define cs   10
#define dc   9
#define rst  8

TFT screen = TFT(cs, dc, rst);

void setup() {
  // initialize the screen
  screen.begin();
  // make the background black
  screen.background(0,0,0);

}

void loop() {

}
In file included from /Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/TFT/src/TFT.h:36:0,
                 from /Users/Mogli/Documents/Arduino/tft_display/tft_display.ino:2:
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Java/libraries/TFT/src/utility/Adafruit_GFX.h:60:3: warning: #warning "The SD library was not found. loadImage() and image() won't be supported." [-Wcpp]
  #warning "The SD library was not found. loadImage() and image() won't be supported."

Related: https://github.com/arduino-libraries/TFT/issues/2

Thank you for your reply! I also stumpled upon this issue on GitHub, but I don't know what to change. Do I have to change something in the SD.h file? Sorry, I'm new to arduino and completely lost :D

It's not an error message. It's a warning. If you're not going to use loadImage() and image() then just ignore it.