Hello everyone! I just want to ask for guidance on my project. I have dht11 sensor and a 12v dc fan and an irfz44n mosfet. I want to use as a mosfet as a switch to turn on the fan when it reaches a certain temp. Is my diagram okay, I haven't tried it out yet without consulting others hope you'll help me. attached is the pic of my circuit.
That may not work. Best to use a logic level MOSFET, like the IRL series (rather than IRFxxx).
is the mosfet the only issue?
ahh thank you for your help. will try it tomorrow since I bought a different mosfet.
sir should my temperature sensor also have the same gnd as my mosfet?
All grounds in the circuit need to be connected.
thanks sir
Rearranging the resistors gives something like 0.05-0.1V more on the MOSFET gate. Won't make any real difference. Either way will work just fine.
There is more to electricity than just "volts". How much current (Amps) will the fan motor draw?
around 0.25A sir
Update: I didn't find any irlz44n mosfet I used irf instead but it still worked
At that low current it is likely to work indeed, albeit barely. Not recommended.
There are many many more logic level MOSFETs out there, e.g. IRL540. You just have to do a little bit of searching on the website of your favourite components supplier, and when you have a candidate check the datasheet.
All the local stores here only sell irf the ones that sell online will deliver it by another week its difficult since my projects deadline is around the corner.
I would think a common 2N2222 BJT would work for 250mA.

That actually was my first plan hahaha. I haven't tried that because the mosfet worked. Will try that later. By the way what is the purpose of the diode in that circuit?
Lookup "flyback diode"
Thanks for this


