Two new Arduino MKR boards with radios

https://blog.arduino.cc/2018/05/12/the-mkr-family-gets-bigger-with-two-new-iot-boards/

The MKR WiFi 1010 has SAMD21 + ESP32 for WiFi and Bluetooth.

The MKR NB 1500 works over existing cellular/LTE networks as an alternative to LoRa and Sigfox devices.

I don’t understand the point of Arduino promoting products that aren’t even available for purchase. The first we heard of the MKR NB 1500 it was supposed to come out in April. Now it’s not supposed to come out until June. Who’s to say it won’t be delayed even further, as have previous Arduino products? Why not wait until the boards are in stock, tested, and have IDE support before even announcing their existence?

I do like seeing an official Arduino board with ESP32. Hopefully Arduino will get involved with the development of the ESP32 Arduino core and maybe we can finally get a stable release years after that chip came out.

I do like seeing an official Arduino board with ESP32. Hopefully Arduino will get involved with the development of the ESP32 Arduino core and maybe we can finally get a stable release years after that chip came out.

I hope so too but the description in the Arduino store indicates the MKR1010 is based on a SAMD21 with a WiFi module based on ESP32. I am not sure what the ESP32 is running but I hope it is not AT command firmware!