Uno r4 wifi not recognized

I just got a uno r4 wifi board from sparkfun. I also got a usbc to usb cable from them. At foirst everything worked. COM3 was the new board.

After a number of successful downloads, com3 went away (in tools, port. I got a 'can not upload 'message from the ide when i went to compile and uploiad amy sletch. When I reset the board, the yallow led blinkls twice. If I press the reset twice, the boaed has a slow yellow led lit. Com 3 does no longer show up in the device manager or the tools /port:

I am running windows 10.

I understand the usb port goes through the esp board. Therer is a jumper on the back of the card that routes usb directly to the r4 processor. I

Befortre I go and attempt to solder this jumper ti see if the main processor program is at fault I am looking for wisdom.

Ant ideas? The board is just a pretty brick now.

Jim F

Your topic has been moved to a more relevant forum category

First, double tap the reset button fast and check the status of the onboard "L" LED. If the onboard LED fade in and out slowly (pulsating), upload an example sketch (Blink LED) from the IDE to the board. This should reset your board.

update - it started to work again after multiple reboots of the pc and the arduino ide, and the uno r4 board and the device manager.

com3 went away again after a number of successful uploads.

After screwing around with reboots and resets, it came back again. a little frustrating.

There is a know issue with this and a fix is in a firmware release candidtate. See this post if you want to give it a try:
Device Not Showing in COM Port - UNO R4 / UNO R4 WiFi - Arduino Forum

1 Like

Please try out these basic steps:

1. Do complete Uninstall Arduino IDE and then re-install the Arduino IDE (use Arduino IDE 2.1.1). Make sure that you install all the dependencies that shows up after the installation.

2. Install your board's Package Core, it contains the board's driver.

3. Make sure you select the board and the port it is connected to before uploading a sketch.

what if i double tap on the reset button and L LED do nothing?

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.