unpair nano 33 BLE or IoT

I think my Nano 33 BLE is causing troubles when I try to pair with it because it was paired with a different device, that did not disconnect fully. My devices work fine when I reboot them, so I am faced with the possibility of setting a timer to reboot the device, but really do not want to do that.

Does anyone know how to force a device to unpair. I can't find any mention in the API.
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Reference/ArduinoBLE

Currently the Arduino BLE library does not support pairing. Pairing in BLE is an optional security feature.

Could it be that currently the peripheral device does not properly detect whether the central device is still connected? And because of that the program does not look for new central devices?

Do you have a while ( central.connected() ) loop in your code? For debugging, try adding a simple timeout and just disconnect from the central aka leave the loop and then look for new central connections.

void loop() {
  BLEDevice central = BLE.central();

if (central) {
    while (central.connected() || timeOut < 10000 ) {
      if (switchCharacteristic.written()) {
      }
      delay(1);
      timeOut++;
    }
  }
}

Klaus_K:
Currently the Arduino BLE library does not support pairing. Pairing in BLE is an optional security feature.

For debugging, try adding a simple timeout and just disconnect from the central aka leave the loop and then look for new central connections.

Thanks @Klaus_K. That makes a lot of sense and is probably the problem I am having.