Uploading problem in my Arduino

Dear Sir,

I am getting problem in Uploading sketches to my Arduino UNO R3 from my PC (Personnel Computer).

I would like to mention the other symptoms that I have observed.

1. COM Port for my Arduino is COM3 (Please note that COM3 has been Automatically set by the PC since I bought this Arduino 1years ago) I see that COM port sensing is OK as I see the image “ Arduino UNO COM3” in the “Devices & Printer” of PC when Arduino is connected to PC . This image would not be there when Arduino is not connected.
    And also “Port COM3” appears in Port option of TOOLS Menu in IDE. This becomes PORT COM1 when I disconnect Arduino.

2. Yesterday I had uploaded “Blink” Sketch for testing and it uploaded without any problems.
    And Arduino was working with “Blink” Sketch.
    But today the problem of uploading error message appeared when I connect my other customised circuit to Arduino and uploading related sketch (the compiling of this customised sketch is OK).

3. When I try to Upload the same “Blink” Sketch again for Trouble shooting , the uploading problem remains but Arduino works with “Blink” Sketch.

4. Following are the List of Error messages I copied from IDE .
    Kindly advice me what to do.

<>

Arduino: 1.8.5 (Windows 7), Board: “Arduino Nano, ATmega328P”
Sketch uses 928 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 30720 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2048 bytes.
Invalid library found in C:\Users\subramayanya\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB_CA__WITH_ARDUINO: C:\Users\subramayanya\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB_CA__WITH_ARDUINO
Invalid library found in C:\Users\subramayanya\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB_EXPTs: C:\Users\subramayanya\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB_EXPTs
Invalid library found in C:\Users\subramayanya\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB_LED_SMOOTH_COLOR_TRANSITION: C:\Users\subramayanya\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB_LED_SMOOTH_COLOR_TRANSITION
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf2
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 2 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf2
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 3 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf2
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 4 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf2
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 5 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf2
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 6 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf2
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 7 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf2
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 8 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf2
Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 9 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf2
avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 10 of 10: not in sync: resp=0xf2
Invalid library found in C:\Users\subramayanya\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB_CA__WITH_ARDUINO: C:\Users\subramayanya\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB_CA__WITH_ARDUINO
Invalid library found in C:\Users\subramayanya\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB_EXPTs: C:\Users\subramayanya\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB_EXPTs
Invalid library found in C:\Users\subramayanya\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB_LED_SMOOTH_COLOR_TRANSITION: C:\Users\subramayanya\Documents\Arduino\libraries\RGB_LED_SMOOTH_COLOR_TRANSITION

This report would have more information with
“Show verbose output during compilation”
option enabled in File → Preferences.

<>

Thanks and regards.
SUBRAMANYA

But today the problem of uploading error message appeared when I connect my other customised circuit to Arduino and uploading related sketch (the compiling of this customised sketch is OK).

Remove the customised circuit and try again. Remove connections on RX0 and TX1 especially.

Thanks for the reply.
Before sending the message to you yesterday, I had already removed the customised circuit and connected only the Arduino UNO which works well with Blink sketch preloaded.
Uploading problem occurs even with this as mentioned in the message. And I had made observations as mentioned in the yesterday's message.

Thanks for response.
I wait for your reply sir.
Thanks and regards.

SUBRAMANYA

Re: Uploading problem in my Arduino .

I found a silly mistake that wrong board (Arduino Nano) was found selected in TOOLs meny in Ide… I corrected it by selecting Arduino UNO and uploading works without any errors.
Now my customised PCB also works fine.

Even though problem is solved I would still like to know how this matters, Is boot loading codes are different for different boards even tough Atmega AVR is same??

Thanks for helps.
Warm Reagards
SUBRAMANYA

I make that silly mistake all the time. :slight_smile:

There are several different bootloaders for different boards. It's important to select the correct board.

Thanks for letting us know what you found.