Uploading sketch with parallel programmer

Hello! I am using parallel programmer that I made (http://arduino.cc/en/Hacking/ParallelProgrammer) so I could upload sketches directly to Arduino without having bootloader and saving some space but when I try to upload I get: “avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00”. I have Arduino Duemilanove with Atmega 8. I have checked that I have marked correct board and COM properties. I would appreciate any assistance and advice.

I have Arduino Duemilanove with Atmega 8. I have checked that I have marked correct board and COM properties. I would appreciate any assistance and advice.

Since you are using an external programmer(parallel in your case) then you must change the programmer type under Tools->Programmer->Parallel programmer and the use the option File->Upload using Programmer
This should do the job
Hope it helps

I have done that and I have made adjustments in the preferences file, but I still get the same message.

“avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00”.

This error?
If yes well it's just saying you are still using the stk500 programmer no the parallel so he is right since you are using a parallel programmer.Make sure you have selected the right one.
When I change in my arduino ide to parallel programmer an try to upload I get this

avrdude: Can't find programmer id "dapa"

Valid programmers are:
c2n232i = serial port banging, reset=dtr sck=!rts mosi=!txd miso=!cts [/Applications/Arduino-1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf:791]
dasa3 = serial port banging, reset=!dtr sck=rts mosi=txd miso=cts [/Applications/Arduino-1.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf:778]

See the diference?
avrdude try to use the right programmer "dapa".Since in my case I dont have a parallel port I get more errors but this should give you a way to follow