USB port still unavailable in MacOS 10.11, 10.12 (El Capitan, Sierra)?

Hello,

on a MacBook Pro (2013) running MacOS 11.12.1, when starting Arduino 1.6.13, and with a connected new Arduino Neo, the only USB port available on the Arduino App under menu Tools -> Port is /dev/cu.Bluetooth-Incoming-Port. The Arduino App is unable to upload Firmata to the Arduino.

This problem has been discussed in the present forum since February 2012 at least (NO USB Serial Port von Mac OSX 10.7.3 - Arduino Forum). The last entry that I found is from Oct 7, 2015 (El Capitan - Arduino IDE serial port problems - Arduino Forum). I tried the procedure posted here: El Capitan - Arduino IDE serial port problems - Installation & Troubleshooting - Arduino Forum and involving

csrutil enable --without kext

but that had no effect. I have also installed the ch340 driver. My arduino was recognized by an older MacBook running an older OS, and I was ale to upload Firmata from it. But I still need to communicate from my own laptop, in order to be able to program and receive data from the Arduino.

Any advice on how to make the Arduino serial port visible in the Arduino app's menu would be very welcome.

Iannis Zannos

What is an "Arduino Neo"? What USB-to-Serial hardware does it have?